A few days back Veeam release Veeam Backup & Replication version 6.5 with super positive feedback.
Very soon Veeam will also release Veeam ONE version 6.5 and I’m sure the wow will continue with this release!
The list with feature enhancements for Veeam ONE 6.5 is amazing;
- Integration with Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5
Yes now you can monitor and report on your Veeam backup(!)
- monitor what is happening in your backup environment…
- Create alarms for backup tasks.
- New monitoring views allow users to easily check on the state of backup, replication and SureBackup jobs across multiple Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5 servers.
- Veeam ONE 6.5 installs prebuilt alarms for monitoring Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5 metrics and events, automatically notifying users about important issues, such as the connection state of backup proxy servers, free space on backup repositories, and much more!
- Real-time monitoring: Veeam ONE 6.5 monitors the health and performance of the Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5 infrastructure for VMware and Hyper-V environments.
- New reports in Veeam One 6.5 let users track protected, unprotected and verified VMs, check the backup status of VMs and understand when backup repositories will run out of free space. Automated delivery of these reports keep application owners and the IT management team informed about the data protection state of their virtual infrastructure on a regular basis
- Veeam ONE 6.5 Capacity planning:
Trends and forecasting: Veeam ONE presents resource utilization graphs for specified points in the future. Forecasts are based on analysis of historical performance trends and current performance metrics.
Modeling: Host failure modeling and views of available capacity on hosts for additional VMs helps users determine whether there is enough capacity to support current and future VM workloads.
Recommendations: Detailed allocation and provisioning recommendations are offered to help users proactively resolve current and future capacity needs.
- Datastore I/O metrics: Real-time datastore I/O counters are incorporated in threshold analysis and resource provisioning recommendations, resulting in practical, “real-world” perspectives that take both resource availability and resource performance into consideration.
- VMware Capacity planning dashboard: Veeam ONE 6.5 installs a predefined dashboard with views of available CPU, memory and storage resources for the entire virtual environment. The dashboard also shows the number of days before monitored hosts, clusters and datastores reach their capacity limits.
- Support for backup repositories: Capacity planning for Veeam backup repositories allows monitoring of free space consumption by backup jobs and notification about potential storage space issues.
- Support for Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V
- Support for new Hyper-V objects: Veeam ONE 6.5 fully supports Windows Server 2012, including monitoring of SMB shares, Highly Available (HA) SMB shares and CSV 2 datastores.
- Support for VMware vSphere 5.1
- New datastore performance metrics: Veeam ONE 6.5 keeps users on top of storage health and performance with views of latency, IOPS and usage rate metrics for CSVs, local datastores and HA SMB shares.
- New events: Users can create alarms for all new Hyper-V events and metrics.
- Many new pre-defined alarms.
- Hardware monitoring: Hardware data is now gathered directly from the VMware ESX(i) hosts using the CIM-XML protocol, resulting in improved visibility, exposure of more sensors and reduced overhead on vCenter Servers.
- New performance metrics: Veeam ONE 6.5 monitors additional performance metrics, including total datastore usage rate and ESX(i) host network dropped and error packets.
- Licensing Alerting alarms: Predefined alarms are installed for license expiration, support expiration and exceeded sockets.
- Datastore latency: Veeam ONE 6.5 extends datastore monitoring capabilities with new predefined datastore latency alarms.
- Enhanced free space alerting: Free disk space alarms now include absolute and relative free space values in their alert notifications.
- Enhanced email notification: Users may choose from two email notification policies— one for mission-critical objects in which an email notification is sent for every alarm and another for non-critical objects in which alarm notifications are sent periodically in a summary email.
- VM replica alarms: Alarms for snapshot size, snapshot age, MAC address violations and VM UUID conflicts are automatically suppressed for VM replicas generated by Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5 reporting.
- Raw performance data export: The Custom report pack includes a new report for exporting VI performance data to an Excel workbook, giving users an option for performing additional analysis and integrating metrics into 3rd party software.
- Flash-based infrastructure growth report: The Offline report pack includes a new template for generating a report in Flash format that shows the change rates for VMs, hosts and clusters over a specified period of time.
- VMs growth report: The Overview report pack includes a new report for showing how many VMs have been added to the virtual environment during a specified period of time.
- Alarms overview report: The Alarms report in the Overview report pack now lets users select business categorization groups for the target scope.
- Dashboards and widgets enhancements:
Automatic dashboard delivery: Dashboard snapshots can be scheduled for automatic delivery via email.
Enhanced widget parameters: Users can select business categorization groups for the target scope dashboard parameter.
- Configurable cluster widgets: Users can optionally select how many clusters to display on a cluster widget.
Business View categorization
- Support for VM folders: VMs can be grouped based on the VM folders structure.
- New predefined groups: Datastore objects can be grouped based on whether they are local or shared.
- New monitoring views: The Monitoring Client now includes a dedicated tab for viewing the VMs running on selected hosts, clusters and datastores. This view provides information about VM health state, hostname, guest OS IP address and consumed CPU, memory and storage resources.
- Enhancement on the Initial configuration wizard: After installation is complete, new interfaces guide users through configuring email and SNMP notifications.
- Automated update engine: Veeam ONE 6.5 automatically notifies users about newly available report pack and widget updates.
- Reporting Workspace tab: The reporting Workspace tab no longer expires after 3 hours of inactivity.
- Improved monitoring performance: The Monitoring Client consumes fewer resources when updating real-time graphs and the virtual infrastructure tree.
- Improved reporting performance: All predefined widgets and reports take less time to load VI data.
- SQL Server 2012 Support: Added support for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 as a backend database.
- Microsoft .NET 4.0: User interface and management components have been migrated to Microsoft .NET 4.0 for increased performance, stability and security.
On top of all this great new features, Veeam will start a limited promotion for EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) (from November 5th to December 31th 2012) Buy any version of backup and get management suite.
Condition: you buy with 2 years (additional) maintenance for management suite.